Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's raining, it's drizzling...oh my aching knees.

Up early as usual this morning to work out, on a limited basis I might add.  The weather is cold, drizzlily wet and just "stay in bed weather."  Last week when the weather decided to start being winter my knees started in on me.  I woke up Thursday to a little ouchy in the right one and a bit of stiffness in the left one and by the end of the day I could hardly bend either one of them.  They were both swollen to the size of grapefruits.  I am "blessed" by having my Daddy's knees and apparantly I have some athritis in them.  This was not going to be good for a wedding on the weekend and last night a fancy affair.  I needed to be in tennis shoes but that can't happen for a wedding.  Luckily this morning they are so much better, still a bit sore but the swelling is down.  Aleve is wonderful.  Last night we had yet another shindig, the new mayor's cocktail reception.  I dolled up and The Hubby spritzed some cologne on for me so we could look spectacular and smell good too.  He told me the cologne was for me but I didn't realize he really meant it, for later.  Uh...no...too late.  LOL! 

4 comments:

Char said...

ohh, sorry about the knees - not fun!

hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Glad your knees are a bit better - hope they continue to improve!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry about your knees. I hope it'll be OK after wearing the fancy shoes.

Unknown said...

The rain has moved out so i hope your knees are better...just wanted to say i can relate...i get the worst joint pains at the oddest times cool weather or before a storm sets in....it's no fun!