Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's raining, it's drizzling...oh my aching knees.

Up early as usual this morning to work out, on a limited basis I might add.  The weather is cold, drizzlily wet and just "stay in bed weather."  Last week when the weather decided to start being winter my knees started in on me.  I woke up Thursday to a little ouchy in the right one and a bit of stiffness in the left one and by the end of the day I could hardly bend either one of them.  They were both swollen to the size of grapefruits.  I am "blessed" by having my Daddy's knees and apparantly I have some athritis in them.  This was not going to be good for a wedding on the weekend and last night a fancy affair.  I needed to be in tennis shoes but that can't happen for a wedding.  Luckily this morning they are so much better, still a bit sore but the swelling is down.  Aleve is wonderful.  Last night we had yet another shindig, the new mayor's cocktail reception.  I dolled up and The Hubby spritzed some cologne on for me so we could look spectacular and smell good too.  He told me the cologne was for me but I didn't realize he really meant it, for later.  Uh...no...too late.  LOL! 

5 comments:

Char said...

ohh, sorry about the knees - not fun!

hope you feel better soon

Jamie said...

Glad your knees are a bit better - hope they continue to improve!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Oh, hope the knees are better!

Love the paintings!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry about your knees. I hope it'll be OK after wearing the fancy shoes.

♥Georgie♥ said...

The rain has moved out so i hope your knees are better...just wanted to say i can relate...i get the worst joint pains at the oddest times cool weather or before a storm sets in....it's no fun!