Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Big Bash

Well, the party is over and I am glad and sad. It was great fun to prepare and great fun to host and see all of my friends and laugh and drink a LOT of wine. Ooooooooo...When the last guest had left I made my way to the powder room and made my offering to the Wine Gods....I slept on the cold floor (actually The Hubby found me a thermal hunting rest to lay on) till about 4 am and then spent most of the day in bed. Here I am 3:30 pm and able to walk upright. The Hubby was WONDERFUL. He cleaned up most of the food mess and washed ALL of the wine glasses. He's great...ok the wine is still talking again..haha...Neighbors, friends and family, the banker, the realtor, the plumber, the contractor, the architect were all here to celebrate the Christmas season and the remodel of our house. It has been a very hard year for me and this just helped to put the year behind me. I am happy to share all the good things in my life with my family and friends.

Ohhh, I'm going to start to cry...wait...no...that's my stomach churning...Gotta go BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEe.e...

2 comments:

Kellyology said...

Man, I can't believe I had to miss it!!! Glad you had a good time!

LiveLee said...

yum-O.
thanks so much for having us, we had a great time!!!

i need to get your mother's recipe for the white fruitcake...unless its a secret?