Saturday, November 11, 2023

Fall Purge Day

 It’s not spring cleaning day, it’s fall purge day! We have been in this house for nearly 18 years now and it was just TIME TO PURGE. I’ve done the closets, other areas but the kitchen was the last area that needed some attention. Nearly 48 years of marriage things start piling up. Luckily we’ve moved about every 10 years, until now, our forever home (we hope), so the moves have always aided a natural purge. The kitchen was a bit harder because I have lots of my granny’s things and Momma’s things and all the memories that go along with them, cooking and meal memories. Some things I just can’t seem to let go of, so a high shelf that I can only reach with a step ladder will keep those memories a bit longer.

The last photo is of a fork that was buried in my silverware drawer, it’s THE FAVORITE FORK. When Bro, Sisff and I were little this was the fork we fought over. There was only one and it was dubbed the favorite fork. That went in a ziplock bag with a note explaining the favorite fork for my grandkids and great grandkids.








No comments: