Sunday, February 24, 2013

Life Is Good

Good Sunday morning to one and all.  I'm actually writing here this morning...shock!  It's 9:41 a.m. on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning and I feel like tapping some words on this keyboard.  When I started this blog nearly 7 years ago I blogged for my sanity, to try and get over the grief of losing my best friend Gail, my mother, our dog, becoming empty-nester's and turning 50 all within a six month span.  I think my lack of blogging is because I am content with my life.  I used to write in my journal, or here, to try and make sense of my life and to figure out what to do or feel.  I feel great now.  My life is good.  My marriage is fantastic, all 37 years of it so far.  Our girls are fantastic.  The oldest has given us our first grandchild and her life is rocking along.  We are so happy that her life is where it is now and that granddaughter is AWESOME!  The youngest is happy!  She has found a good love and her life is taking some turns for the good and I couldn't be happier for her.  Business is good and we can continue to employ our long time employees and give them stability, along with ourselves.

Me, yes me...I am feeling really good.  I have finally come to terms with the terrible grief that consumed me when Gail and my momma died.  I didn't think I could get over that and move on but I have.  I will never, ever forget them but my life has to move forward.  I have to enjoy my sun-filled days, my life and continue on.  Maybe it's the sun streaming through my window that is making me feel so good.  Maybe it's the recent visit from Afton and her guy that has me in good spirits.  Or it could be that precious little pumpkin Rio that lights up my life.  Whatever it is I am glad.  I have found my new love of painting and I've nurtured my friendships to fill my empty.  Life is good.  My life is good.  (I'm kind of drippy today.)

1 comment:

Kay said...

I'm so sorry for all you've had to suffer. I'm dreading the day that I will have to mourn such a loss.