Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Spring and Covid

Last weekend was so wonderful.  The weather was absolutely perfect, albeit a bit windy.  The Hubby has, of course, another project going which impacts me and my beloved screened porch.  It was honestly time to rescreen it because of all the holes caused by squirrels and chipmunks.  I'm hoping it will be complete very soon.  We are also adding a drop-down canvas shade on one side and two little ones on either side of one of the screen doors, AND I believe new screen doors.  It should be the perfect place this spring and summer for us to use.  And with the shade more time to use the fireplace and enjoy the warmth longer into the fall season.
Took a little drive to see the meadow in full sunshine, the flowering quince or as my mother called it japonica.  By the creek evidence the beavers are hard at work.

I've been really struggling with the painting lately, hell, I've been struggling with accomplishing anything lately.  Reading is becoming a task, even posting here on the blog is becoming a trial.  I think I'm just in a funk.  It has now been a full year of retirement and I'm finding myself at loose ends, trying to figure out what I'm going to do everyday.  Didn't think I would have an issue as I was partially at that point with retirement, but I'm realizing that I am there.  

Yesterday I finally felt like I was accomplishing something on the canvas, we'll see.   

I did come home at lunch to watch Min for a few hours while her parents worked on some tax stuff while Max napped.  Af wasn't feeling her best and they've all been drippy with "allergies" but once Af left she immediately felt worse and just for precaution she took a Covid test...GUESS WHAT!  Yup, as I was hanging up the phone with her telling me she was on her way back, with mask, to get Min, Min, who was playing on my IPad, sneezed all over my IPad.  GREAT, just great.  The Hubby, just laughed.  I think we will be okay.  Af came sweeping in disinfecting everything as she went, door knobs, couch, my IPad...everything.  Plus we had the doors open with nice breezes.  We had it the end of December and I've had a booster, think we will be okay.  
GOOD GRIEF!  

No comments: