Wednesday, March 20, 2024

All About the Food

Yes all about FOOD!  Food, and I'm not ashamed to talk about it.  You know Oprah did a special the other night about the weight loss drug stuff and honestly I think it was nothing more than an ad for the drugs.  Hmm, is she getting a payback of some sort...

Anyway, had the granddaughters overnight on Monday night and of course it's a challenge for the vegan part but I did this...
and it was a HUGE success.  I had crescent rolls and ran to the store for some vegan cheese to make pizza rollups.  Snicklefritz of course is not vegan and wanted real cheese, which I had.  I had pizza sauce for our dinner.  These rollups were so easy and they got to do them themselves.  After they were rolled up Min asked for black olives and fortunately I had a small can of sliced ones.  They got to spread the sauce and sprinkle the cheese and then roll them up.  Baked them the temp on the package and let cool a bit before I served them.  There were four each, Snicklefritz scarfed down all four of hers and Min ate two, very quickly.  They both ate their broccoli, blueberries and strawberries.  Dinner was a HUGE success.

Our part of the dinner was cabbage sliced into thick slices and brushed with oil, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning, both sides.  Put into a 400 degree oven until the cabbage was nearly done but not mushy.  I may have overcooked mine a tad but it was okay.  Then take out and spread pizza sauce over, pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and since the olives were open, those too.  Back in the over just to melt the cheese and heat the sauce.  YUMMY!

Last nights dinner was similar but I had the ingredients and I didn't want to do anything else.  I parboiled the brussels sprouts in salted water until fork or knife tender.  While cooking, slice up a kielbasa sausage put on parchment lined cookie sheet.  Scoop out the sprouts and place on top of the sausage, top with cheese (I had a bit of mozzarella left and sharp cheddar cheese).  Put in preheated 350 degree oven to heat the sausage and melt the cheese.  OMG, this was so very yummy.  I LOVED IT!


Last weekend too we went to the cabin and totally enjoyed the newly re-screened porch and fire.  Had a couple of girlie friends over for day drinking (hubby's too).  At first this was a girl thing buy more and more it's becoming a guy thing too.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Anyway, it was nice.  I fixed a new dip, Dirty Martini Dip I found on Insta.  You can just search for it.  OMG, again it was a huge hit.  It had, of course, GIN, cream cheese, blue cheese and olives.  So very good. 


No comments: