I have gone back to the first of the year in blog posts and realized that I was doing a Random 5 Friday and linked it to a particular blog that is no longer there. Well, think I will Random 5 Friday anyway.
1. I hate winter, especially this winter as this month we have had a total of 3 partial days of sunshine. I don't live in Seattle and this is going on way too long. I am so wanting spring to arrive but I know we have to wait. Waiting, waiting, waiting...
2. Coffee, do you like coffee. It's funny that I was never a coffee drinker until I turned 23 years old. I loved the smell of it and when my grandmother had coffee candy in one of her many candy bowls I loved the candy but I just could NOT get the desire real coffee. At 23 years of age I was pregnant with my first child and we had our business in our home. That meant that the employees were in our living room every morning and the coffee pot was a gurgling. The smell drove me crazy and I tried it. In fact I became obsessed with coffee, I craved it. Back then we didn't know to stay away from stuff like coffee, diet pop, etc... but I kind of knew real coffee would not be good for the baby. SO when The Hubby wasn't aware I would pour decaf coffee grounds in the real coffee can and we had decaf coffee every morning. The guys and The Hubby never knew and I got to have COFFEE and I never looked back.
3. What was you favorite childhood movie? Mine was Bambi. I think I only saw the movie once but we also had the record, the soundtrack from it. It was narrated by Shirley Temple. Everyday at nap time Momma would put the record on the record player in the living room and put Bro, Sis and I down for naps. I didn't want to nap but she told me that I had to at least lay down because Bro and Sis had to nap. I almost always ended up asleep before them. Smart play Momma. Anyway, the record would play everyday and I could almost recite the entire movie, line for line at one time. So loved that movie, uh, soundtrack. I still have that record somewhere with a HUGE chunk out of the side of it. Years later I was able to find another copy for my girls.
4. What's the plan for New Years Eve? My plan is to watch Rio while her parents host a party. We haven't had an all-nighter in months. The Hubby is going dancing! Maybe Rio and I will watch Bambi!
5. Finally, getting better. I've had a sinus infection for the past two weeks and yesterday was the first day I felt back to normal. Still crappy in the head a bit and the voice is still wonky but better. I haven't been sick in a very long time and this kind of whooped my butt. I have to get better because I am gearing up to do another 30 day painting challenge so get ready for a painting a day.