Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Allied Artists of America

Yesterday morning I received such exciting goods news. I didn't tell anyone I entered this national art show and for the past few days I kept checking and checking knowing the announcement would not be made until Tuesday sometime.  I checked and checked off and on all morning long.  Linda, my art studio partner was in the studio doing some work and I was finishing a little dog painting but checked and checked, then...I opened the website once more, typed in my password, and...green, I saw a tiny green circle.  I'm used to seeing a red circle with a black X but this time it was a green circle with a check mark!!!!!   WHAT!  I screamed, "LINDA." I know I scared her but the green mean INVITED!  I had juried into a show that has been around for 105 years!  OMG!!!  I cried, I'm telling you I cried.  I've entered in a few national shows but only the red circle showed up.  THIS IS A BIG DEAL guys.  I juried into one of the oldest and biggest shows in the country.  You have to know too that these entries aren't cheap.  Sometimes they're $25 to $75 dollars a image or for 3 images and I've done several for a few years.  
My painting, "Morning Glories" juried into the Allied Artists of America show that takes place in September in NEW YORK CITY, at the Salmagundi Club!!!!! Allied Artists of America has been around since 1914, very prestigious and I am very honored to be a part of the show, my first national show.
 My first thought was, "Oh no, I'm not going to NYC!" But you know, it's tempting.  One fear conquered at a time please.  Just don't think I can manage it anyway because I may have to be in LA for the newest granddaughter's birth at the same time.  But guys, it's the The Salmagundi Club and that is extremely prestigious in the art world, I may have to...

Oh, I'm so excited and over the moon.

No comments: