Monday, June 19, 2017

Art Workshops and Fathers

 Home after a fantastic few days spent in Rogers, Arkansas learning from the wonderful artist Jeff Legg. My mind is absolutely bursting with new information to utilize in my art journey. Unfortunately, being able to use this info will have to wait a bit as I have my other job to do first then it will be an intense 4 day workshop in Tulsa with portrait artist Romel de la Torre. Plus it was my first trip to Chrystal Bridges with Jeff as our tour guide! That was awesome. It is very generous that other artists share their wealth of knowledge in this art journey to other artists.
Jeff''s demo was quite amazing.  The way he paints grapes makes them look like you could touch them and they would spray juice.  This beautiful demo is now my prized possession!

After watching, it was time for us, the students to paint.  What was really nice is that we were able to set up individual still life set ups to paint.  I spied this beautiful teapot in the wide array of stuff and knew I HAD to paint it.  It was a challenge and I'm not afraid of a challenge in my painting anymore.   
I'm quite happy with my painting but I know it needs some more work...just not soon. 

The night before the workshop was over we had a trip to Crystal Bridges.  I have never been, so was thrilled to know we were going with Jeff as our tour guide!  Fantastic to see things through his eyes. 

Final day and another still life.   
Unfortunately it is not near done but I will finish at home, sometime! 

Back home this week I hit ground running as it was Father's Day and on that note, Daddy is HOME!  He came home Friday from rehab but will have weekly PT that his friend Jay or my sister will take him too as it's on Tuesday and we ALL know what Tuesday is, my PAINT DAY!  

I went to see Daddy yesterday and went to the grocery for him to fill his freezer of his favorite TV dinners.  He was almost in a panic that he didn't have food to eat, yet his freezer is full of lots of stuff, except of his TV dinners.  My sister sent me a text Saturday that when she went to see him she found him on his riding lawnmower mowing the front yard.  I told her to tell him STOP!  Not only because he SHOULDN'T but because I paid my cousin for the month of June to mow.  Fortunately the mower pooped out so she got him inside and went to get him some orange juice but when she returned he was in the backyard mowing again, managing to get the mower started.  (Banging head on desk!)  He is NOT supposed to drive yet I guess he felt he could mow.  I know it is the one thing he LOVES to do but not so soon please.  

Father's Day and I fed The Hubby and the Son-In-Law as Daughter #1 is in California visiting Daughter #2 until tonight.  Snicklefritz was to spend the night with me, go to work with me while her Daddy works today.  I'm still waiting for her to wake up and it's a little after 7 am.  I promised her that we would go out for pancakes!  I have a ton of work at the office this morning because I was gone last week so she will play or watch videos while I type then we will go back home for lunch and stay until her Daddy is done for the day.  

Another art meeting tonight, Alpha Rho Tau then art tomorrow THEN yet another workshop.  I know, I know it is a lot with back-to-back workshops but it's just the way it happened.  Plus I am older and I've lost a lot of years getting into art so late in the game.  I have to absorb a lot in a short amount of time.  This week will be an intense 4 day workshop in portraits.  This one is in town so I will be able to be at the office at 6:30 or 7 then to the workshop by 9 every morning.  (I am going to crash next week!)




No comments: