Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Marriage

 I/we have been married for over 46 years now.  I say this because there comes a time when, in those 46+ years you can obviously get aggravated with your spouse.  You tolerate, overlook some things but it's all a give and take, and acceptance.  I say this because lately The Hubby has been aggravating me to the point of me exploding at him.  I will admit it is all me doing the exploding.  It is 6:30 in the morning and I thought The Hubby was getting ready to head to the office where he NEEDS to be getting the invoices ready for me to come in and type, but he's not.  Let me back up a bit.  I have had a lot on my plate, mentally, what with Baby Max and being there for Af and Nick and little Min while they deal with his birth and all that may happen there.  I'm also dealing with, in my heart, the more immediate health issues that are my sister's cancer diagnosis and the thought of losing her.  I have a lot on my mind. Since my hip surgery, The Hubby has been absolutely awesome with taking care of me and stepping up with doing the dishes and stuff.  Monday morning he decided to clean the sinks in our bathroom.  He cleaned toilets the other day.  As usual there is now, never a dirty dish in the sink, EVER!  And now, this early AM, after what I thought was the sound of him heading out the door was not that!  6:30 AM, he is running the vacuum.  He said something the other day about cleaning baseboards and I just kind of put that back in my mind, but this morning, he is running the vacuum.  Okay, should I be fine with this step up in his actions around the house lately, or should I feel, well, like he thinks I'm not a good housekeeper.  I don't know what I should feel. I'm kind of pissed off about it really.  I'm telling you if I don't do something he feels needs to be done when he thinks it should be done he will do it.  Mind you we've had a cleaning person every two weeks for 30+ years and we don't now (long story.)  So all this cleaning stuff has fallen on me, US!  It's not like our house is a pigsty, it's not, just a bit dusty really.  So I am sitting here typing on my laptop, enjoying my coffee and he is slaving away vacuuming the entire house.  How would you feel if all of a sudden someone took over the management of your house.  I mean I quit doing his laundry and ironing 30+ years ago after he started complaining that I wasn't doing it right.  He has taken over the dishes thing because he says I haven't done it right for 46 years of marriage.  Ummmm, how should I feel, grateful or am I getting ready to be unleashed upon with anger.  I JUST DON'T KNOW!  Okay, DO NOT get me wrong, I love that he is doing this stuff because frankly, I DON'T HAVE TOO!  BUT, inside I have mixed emotions about it all.  

Oh, I'm making a mountain out of molehill, maybe...

continued to the next cleaning surprise.

No comments: