Sunday, May 09, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day
This weekend I toddled off to Edmond for a Derek Penix painting workshop.  While away, just overnight mind you, this is what I came back to.  The sink, after only one night and one person in the house was nothing but glasses.  He is a funny guy with his glass usage.
I DID come home to this, an empty dishwasher, both drawers.  That has been his new thing that he does around the house is keep it empty and I just keep it loaded with dirty dishes, i.e. his glasses.
I also woke up this morning to a card and two vases of roses and carnations.
Part of the roses are going to his mother's grave today.  Her loss is still very fresh in our hearts.
The workshop was just what the doctor ordered.  Day 1 was slow taking off but was fun to listen, learn and chatter with fellow artists.
I've done many workshops over the years but this time I feel I've finally managed to scale the crap down that I bring.
Yesterday I managed to paint this little jewel and Derek actually said, "Fabulous Carla."  He has NEVER said that about my paintings.  I'll take the compliment.  It's not quite finished and hopefully I will get it all done tomorrow.  This week should be some quality time in front of my easel with my newfound feeling of wanting to PAINT!

Again, Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's of the world.  To my Momma and mother-in-law in heaven and to my darling daughters as they travel the world of motherhood.

No comments: