Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Plein Air - Portrait learning


Good morning all.  I have been in a bit of a funk since last Friday.  I was turned down yet again for membership in Women Artist of the West for like the 6th time.  I don't understand.  I've talked to several members who can't understand it either and keep encouraging me to try again, and again, and again.  My partner, Linda was turned down again too and she has won 3 national awards.  Not sure what they want from us.  Maybe it's for the best as membership might entail actual work that I really don't want to do.  Linda seems to think we are being black-balled but I kind of don't think that, but we have gotten on the wrong side of one person who is a member, soooo... Oh it can't be.  Although another person we know got in and we were a bit baffled by that entry but we know SHE knows some people in the organization...

Oh it can make you CRAZY!  

But, this morning I opened up one of the art show websites that you enter from and yet again found out that my paintings were denied entry into the online show.  Tomorrow I will find out about another one but it doesn't look promising.  Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing RED-X's.  I'm thinking of changing my style up a bit...just a thought.  

A few weeks ago I decided to participate in a Plein Air national event.  I know Plein Air (painting outside), not really my cup of tea.  I just figured I would never have gone to the convention so it was an opportunity to learn about en plein air without being outside painting.  So today starts the beginner talks online and tomorrow starts the online convention for real.  I'm excited to extend my art education in this field.  I think today I will paint at the studio while listening to the talk.  I was even able to upload one of my paintings for a possible critique.  Yesterday I also received a huge box of the "goodies" you would normally receive if you attended.  It was packed with paints, a brush, two hats, apron, t-shirt, popcorn, candy, and more.  So fun!!!  



Plus this morning I signed up for the Portrait Society of America webinar in August.  Another week of painting learning.  Can't wait!  I've been working on this one again...

One eye sort of done...

No comments: