Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Those Hippie Days

Yesterday I shared this poster on my Facebook page.  In my young years I was a "wannabe" hippie!  I wanted so bad to be and for the most part, I was.  I had the bell bottoms, long hair, flip flops or mostly barefoot.  I put lemon juice in my hair and sat in the sun to lighten it and I was all about peace and love and Rock 'n Roll!  The ONE thing I was not into and never will would be the marijuana stuff.  Just not my thing.  Hey, I didn't even have my first drink until I was 17 or 18 and then it was with my parents and family.  
The long hair... 

Oh, and bell bottom, hip-hugger jeans that absolutely DRUG-THE-GROUND!  They were in tatters and the more tatters the better.  Plus they were embroidered all over.  This pocket I saved when the jeans fell apart.  It was my initials but my friends called me "cute butt." 




Now, I proudly show off my gray hair that is getting longer by the day and I am loving it.  Embrace the gray! And as my 64th birthday fast approaches I am proud of my transition to adulthood but I sure wanted to go to Woodstock when I was young.  (Well, that would have never happened because I was too scared of my own shadow back then!)

No comments: