Monday, January 20, 2020

A Reading We Will Go

 Set off for the cabin this weekend with Snicklefritz in tow.  She actually gave up a sleepover with friends to hang with us old people for the weekend.  We still have pull that we are fun, helps we have a golf cart she can drive.
It's what you do on a cold Saturday morning with #1 granddaughter comes for the weekend, sit by the fire and read with a cup of hot chocolate and marshmallows and a sidekick, Clayton by her side.  Snicklefritz is mastering chapter books and I could not be prouder of her.  My favorite memories are going to my great-grandparents in Jay or camping with the family at the lake and inhaling books.  Mother always said "teach a child to read and they can accomplish anything in the world they want to."  Mother was a huge advocate for reading and my siblings and I carry on the tradition of being voracious readers.  The next generation is continuing.
I read this book for book club and started yet another one so I got a lot accomplished this weekend too in the reading category!

There weren't any of the ladies on Friday night except Snicklefritz but I still fed the "guys."  I picked up Papa Murphy's pizza, an easy feed, and fed four of the hubby's friends, they were much appreciative.  Saturday, without planning on it I fixed 3-way (chili, spaghetti and beans) and had enough that I again fed the man-crew with an added couple, girl-company!  It works out pretty good, especially if I fix food for The Hubby's friends and he cleans up.  I woke up Saturday to have the kitchen sparkling!  

That dog, oh that dog.  Clayton woke up before 5 both Saturday and Sunday, yet this morning when the alarm went off, when I HAD to get up, the little bugger would not wake up.  No, he was still sleeping until just a few minutes ago, 5:30 and The Hubby HAD to wake him up to feed him.  ARGHHHH,  why can't he sleep in on the weekend when we want to.  Oh well. 




No comments: