Saturday, November 02, 2019

Fall Happenings

Halloween has come and gone and now on to Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!  Where in the heck has time gone this year.  It's like the year is on a speeding locomotive.  Please slow down and let me enjoy time please.  

I still feel a bit discombobulated since getting back home from traveling coast to coast in September/October.  And in that time this little pumpkin turned a month old.  Oh my where has the time gone.   
The other little ball-o-fire totally enjoyed Halloween as a martin, yes martin as in weasel.  Goodness, that daughter of mine is a miracle worker with a sewing machine and the imagination of Snicklefritz in wanting to BE A MARTIN!  All I can say is WOW!


October was also filled with a couple of new people in our lives.  Snicklefritz got to experience what it was like to host an exchange student.  
There was a gob of students from Columbia, and Maria was their guest for the month.  There was another girl, Valeria, that stayed with another family but was around a good part of the time.  What a joy it was for everyone involved to get to know these young ladies and experience them in their lives and for sharing their time with us.  They were a delight and fit right into our lives very quickly.  I must say that Columbian spanish is fast, really fast as they conversed to each other but their English was excellent too.  It was awesome for Snicklefritz to be able to use some of her Spanish that Bri has taught her and opened up a door for foreign language to all involved.  We took them to the cabin for an over-nighter.   They got to experience fall in northeast Oklahoma, a fire in the fire pit, rides on golf carts and then just before leaving Tulsa to head home, Halloween and trick-or-treating.  And top off their visit the weather changed and they got to see a few snowflakes.  Their area of Columbia only gets around 48 degrees at its coldest so they were ecstatic to see "SNOW!"  

I've not been dawdling around because last weekend was the HUGE Plein Air Tulsa event and WHEW, am I glad it's over.  No idea if anyone will take it over next year from Linda because it is a lot of work and she does the brunt of it all.  Oh it's a lot of work for the worker-bees but usually that's only one weekend.  I am her assistant but my part is minimal, except the Sunday of the show and sale, of which I'm in charge of setting up the panels to show the art and getting it all hung.  Needless I was POOPED, but it was an awesome show.  On to next year, maybe.

I've also churned out a bit of art with the finish of the sunflowers, which is already sold and then with the shoulder giving me fits still I decided to try some left-handed painting.  
It was a challenge but I found that I slowed down and was more deliberate with my strokes, plus it was quite fun.  May have to try some more of these.

Until next time my friends...



No comments: