Friday, June 28, 2019

Life Update in General

 We have company this week...
She, hubby and BABY are here.  They're here for a couple of weeks for just plain visiting and a baby shower for the "little baby girl."  I got to feel her bumping around and that's always such a fantastic feeling.  Makes me just plain giddy. 

They made their way from California driving and met up in Sante Fe with B and B2, and Snicklefritz.  They went a few days  early for their family vacation.  So, that being said they had to farm out their white lab, Vinny and I was responsible for going to their house everyday to feed and love on the grandkitty, ZeeBe.  He's a giant of a yellow tabby and was very lovey back.  But the Big Dog, Mondo, our favorite granddog, got to come stay with us and our sweet Clayton.  They love each other but of course Clayton was gone a lot because he was back and forth with the vet to take care of his wound.  

But, in the mornings when we let Mondo out it was an act of congress to get him back in.  He preferred to stay out and so we did.  He LOVED to dig a small hole in my flowerbeds and sleep all day long and with the weather fantastic, we just left him.  
Can you see him...
There that handsome boy is.  Love this guy.
This little guy has been styling different colored dressings for about 2 weeks now and by Monday he may be RELEASED from this daily, and now every other day trip to the vet.  He is healing so well and getting around like nobody's business.  His appetite is back, he can come in his doggy door, not out yet, and sleeps better than ever.

With all the coming and going happening I took a brief evening off to go and see one of my favorite authors speak.
Elin Hilderbrand, author of the recent "Summer of '69," of which I read this past weekend.  It's a great book and I highly recommend it.
 

Also some quick strokes of paint on canvas was in order.  I finished these two recently and they have been big hits on Facebook.

"Morning Glories" 9x12 oil on linen panel 

"Plethora of Pansies" 9x12 oil on linen panel 

Then I went to see pastel artist Jude Tolar demo at one of my art groups and this was her set up.  I quickly snapped a photo and started it in the studio. 
 
I think it will be really nice.

No comments: