Saturday, September 08, 2018

My World and Welcome To It

Good morning.  Yes, I know it has been 10 days since I’ve written anything here.  Life has just been busy any my STUPID laptop does not create a happy environment to type.  For some stupid reason the dang thing will NOT let me type in a browser but a just a few letters then closes, ONLY in the browser.  I can’t figure it out.  I’ve run all kinds of anti-virus crap and it’s still a problem.  So, to be able to even write on my blog I have to type it into Word then cut and paste.  It is absolutely crazy and is MAKING me crazy.  There is nothing wrong with my stupid computer, except for the browser thing.  

To get back to MY LIFE…as if that is really important, except to ME!  LOL…Of course work, work, work, at the office.  I’ve actually been spending more time there the past few weeks just because I needed to and frankly, I’ve hit a dry spell in the art world.  I can’t seem to focus and I am not inspired lately to even create anything.  I go into the studio and start mixing paint, apply a bit and then I just leave and go home to cross-stitch, crochet or read.  It’s weird that I’ve been having this issue, this long. 

I did do a milestone thing for me last weekend.  We of course, FINALLY, headed to the cabin for the three day weekend and really I planned on going back this weekend, but more on that later.  Last weekend The Hubby was going to take me, go with me to Fayetteville, to drop of my painting and Linda’s for the Artists’ of Northwest Arkansas member art show that we both juried into.  I was to drop off the paintings and at the end of the month she is picking up.  It’s only an hour and a half from the cabin so I thought it would be a nice trip for me and The Hubby.  There was a problem when I realized he was doing a dance thing but that got worked out and he was able to come but not until Saturday morning.  Friday night I found out that Saturday was a huge game day in Fayetteville and drop off was from 10-2.  I was told that traffic would be bumper to bumper.  Well, my reasoning was that the drive there 1-1/2 hour then back for a total of 3 hours driving time, not to mention IF we hit that bumper to bumper traffic.  The Hubby HAD to mow and weed-eat and clean the yard as we were hosting about 20 for burgers.  PLUS, I had to make potato salad and coleslaw.  The Hubby was probably not going to arrive till about 10, soooooo, let’s see the day would be shot for him.  I decided that I was going to put my big girl painties on and DRIVE MYSELF.  You see, I have NEVER, EVER driven out of state all by myself.  I’ve driven with other people, sure but never by myself.  I was up at 5 (dang it) and made the potato salad and coleslaw, showered, made the bed, tided up and hit the road at 8 am.  I won’t say that I was not apprehensive and my tummy didn’t get in a knot as I neared the state line, but I DID IT!  I arrived about 10 minutes  to 10, found a perfect parking spot right in downtown, DURING  the Farmer’s Market and turned in the paintings!!!! 

Then another problem was that there was a sign up through ANA for members only first, a painting workshop with artist, Lori Putnum, right at 10 am.  There was even a countdown clock, that’s how popular she is.  Well, I walked around the farmers market few minutes, bought some veggies and then found a corner to open the browser on my phone, right at 43 seconds on the clock.  I pulled out the credit card from sitting behind a planter and was one of the first to successfully register, and so did Linda from their lake place in Louisiana.  HOORAY! 

I have to tell you I was on a high and felt so good about myself.  I felt I had accomplished a lot in that few hours.  It was a big deal for me.  The drive home was quicker than the drive there and when back I took a little nap and was ready for our company! 

The next morning I got on the golf cart in my PJ’s and with my camera phone took some photos for I hope inspiration, especially for that Lori Putnum workshop in April. 

On the Tuesday morning back in the real world I had to have our sweet Clayton at the vet for another surgery.  I didn’t want to but that connective tissue tumor was back with a vengeance on his tiny leg and if we didn’t get it off his skin would absolutely burst.  The surgery went well but we left him in the capable care until Friday morning.  He still has a drain tube, which I have to take him back everyday (except this weekend) to have the leg bandaged.  I picked him up and he was glad to see me.  Back at the house he cried and whined and cried and whined.  I thought it was for The Hubby and it was in part because he kept looking around the house and at the garage door.  Poor baby.  He’s on pain meds too.  Yesterday afternoon The Hubby had to travel to Dallas for his uncle’s funeral which left me with a whining, WHINING dog.  OH MY GOSH, WHINING!  Today, he’s better, thank goodness. 

Oh well, life goes on and the paintbrush must be splashed!

No comments: