Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Roller Coaster

This has been a roller coaster week and it's only WEDNESDAY!!!!!

The art thing, well, it is AWESOME!  I've finished a couple of paintings that have been some of the best I have ever done.  I'm getting all kinds of accolades and it feels good, real good.  

"Main Street Tavern Glow"
24x18 oil on linen

"Orchid and Glass"
24x18 oil on linen

On the Daddy front, I did go to see him on Sunday to pay his bills.  He apologized but not sure how I feel about that right now.  I did have to go back today to drop off his cat food (after I went to 2 stores to get the right kind.)  When I walked in he cried out that his neck was killing him, his knees and and hands.  He has a crick in his neck.  Thankfully the home health care nurse was supposed to be there at 10:30 to check on him.  

Heading back to the studio to finish the first painting I hit rush hour.  YUCK!  Finally there Linda and I were painting fiends and I started another painting after signing the Glow.  Both of these paintings on Facebook have hit epic likes and comments and the orchid one was chosen as the banner on one group page I had just joined.  SO EXCITING!  As the day was going on about 1:30 the doorbell rang and Linda answered the door to find the neighbor clinic/office people there.  They came in and were talking about when we MOVE OUT on Tuesday!!!!!  Linda nearly screamed, "Get Gil!"  He was back in his room with headphones on but heard us and came running.  What, what, what IN THE HELL IS GOING ON!  The clinic is expanding and apparently taking over our space which was news to us, maybe not so much Gil which was concerning.  Linda and I are so confused and upset because we just don't know what is going on.  Supposedly we are to move in the space up front that is for lease but there IS NO kitchen or bathroom.  Oh there is a bathroom but it shares with another clinic in a common room.  Not sure how we feel about that.  Not sure how this all happened but we do know that Gil's lease (we sub-let from him) ended LAST February and he never signed another one.  So I guess the landlord has the authority to do this crap.  He's really a nice guy and I think Gil all along knew about it, actually, I'm kind of thinking that he really wants us out out, that it's just not working for him and he didn't know how to let us know.  Well, CRAP!  I'm devastated and so is Linda.  We are going to look at the space tomorrow but we also have a line on another place.  It's just a bad time with the holidays coming.  

Anyway, this week so far has been a roller coaster of emotions and frankly I'm tired of it.  I just want to PAINT!

No comments: