Monday, October 30, 2017

Pancreatitis

Our sweet little Clayton is a very sick boy.  After a night of vomiting and pacing, ALL NIGHT LONG, I took him to the vet on Friday morning first thing.  
This is the second time in 2 weeks that I have met them opening the clinic with Clayton in my arms.  I left him in their capable arms hoping to find out what is wrong with our boy.  I waited till about noon then called to see if the vet had been able to see what was going on with him.  

Pancreatitis!  Our poor baby.  The vet said that he was still vomiting bile and had added diarrhea to the equation.  Luckily that was at the vet, yuck.  Since we were heading to the cabin for the weekend I thought it best he spend the weekend at the vet to get the specialized care he needed and the vet agreed.  But, I can tell you I sure miss him.  Here it is Monday morning and I have to wait till after nine today to check on him and hopefully bring him home.  He will definitely have a new diet and NO BITES FROM THE TABLE!  The Hubby said when he came to live with us that we would not feed him human food but you know who has broken that rule, time and time again, THE HUBBY!  I've tried to tell him that but he's like a kid and doesn't listen to me, maybe now he will.  Those little bites of food are not good for this guys tummy. 

No comments: