Saturday, June 24, 2017

Oh My GOODNESS!  I am exhausted, physically and mentally.  These back to back workshops were almost overload, but it is DONE!
This one is a portrait 4 day workshop with Romel de la Torre.   

Day 1
We watch him paint in the mornings then... 



It's our turn...EEK! 
Goodness, I wiped this thing off at least 4 times before I even could get started. 
This is Paola from Columbia. 
Never got past the block-in.  We used a limited Zorn palette of black, cadmium red, yellow ochre and titanium white.  You can make a lot of colors you don't really realize, even green!  (HINT: Black is made from burnt umber and ultramarine blue, so yellow ochre and black make GREEN!)

Day 2
This sweet girl, Ama, is from South Africa.

Romel is quite amazing. 


Then it was our turn to try and make Ama look like a girl...I struggle with that. Such a beautiful girl.
Not great, but not bad either. 

Day 3 and 4 is the lovely Christina. 
Romel is quite fun to watch and full of helpful lessons on this journey.


He finished today.
A close up of the face, ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!

Now it was our turn.  This was my view.
Man-o-man, this thing was HORRIBLE and when I got in this morning I tried to fix it, but it just got worse and worse and I WIPED it off, twice.
I actually walked out early this afternoon with the canvas blank.  After the past two weeks of intense workshops I was DONE!  My head was throbbing.  Hopefully I will attempt on my own, sometime, after some rest!  All in all it was an awesome couple of weeks and my mind is just bursting with info.

No comments: