Thursday, March 02, 2017

Dreams of Retirement

I've been thinking about priorities in life, my life in particular.  We are so close to that retirement time and The Hubby is constantly, CONSTANTLY talking, thinking and planning it.  I just wish he would be satisfied financially and pull the trigger already.  He talks about another 5 years and that means another 5 years for me and you know what, I DON'T WANT to do another 5 years.  In reality, since we are partners in the business I have to stick with it but I am trying to pull in a little of what I want to do in retirement with my art.  It's just that I don't have enough time in my day to do all the things I have to do and the things I want to do.  I have to work at the office.  I have to do laundry, grocery shop, cook, clean...YUCK!  I want to paint, read, cross stitch, exercise, sleep, sit and stare up at the sky.  I get my fair amount on the weekends but I really want everyday to be that.  Marketing your art, let alone creating it, takes some time and effort, especially if you are not in a gallery.  I just don't have enough time to get it all done.  My painting time is down to a couple times a week and that is just not enough.  I'm afraid that if we keep plugging away year after year we aren't going to get to enjoy retirement like The Hubby wants, but he is so driven.  In fact, I'm not sure he could even do retirement, but I can assure you, I CAN!  So I guess we have to really push the next few years to set it all up for ourselves.  

No comments: