Monday, January 09, 2017

Happy New Year....Maybe Happy

"Splash of Flowers"
16x12 oil on panel
Happy New Year...yes, I know it is January 9 and I haven't even posted this year but I've been otherwise occupied, with life.  

The Hubby and I have been battling the effects of a Christmas head cold that seems EVERYONE has around here.  He has hacked and blown so much in this time of being cooped up together that it is driving me a bit CRAZY!  I'm sure my blowin and goin' makes him nuts too.  Christmas morning when everyone showed up for brunch at Daddy's my brother informed us he had Type "A" flu (on top of a flu shot!) but had been on meds for 48 hours.  This head cold, the niece had it, we all had it and Snicklefritz was beginning along with her parents.  We ALL purposely did not hug or kiss Daddy.  As it turned out he got sick anyway.  Bro informed me on Saturday that Daddy had called him to let him know he was sick, oh and he bought a new 55" TV (he CANNOT AFFORD.)  Surely he didn't get this cold from us as that would be an extremely long incubation time.  I am sure since everyone in Tulsa and surrounding areas have this stupid cold he probably got it from the grocery store.  You know, my father was never ever sick when we were kids.  I cannot remember him ever having a cold or heaven forbid the stomach bug, EVER.  He just was never sick, until he got into his 50's then an occasional head cold that would lay him out.  When he did get ill he was the biggest baby ever and would complain of fever (never any) and that he was DYING!  Mother would just roll her eyes.  This thing he does is like crying wolf for us and when he is really sick we just can't rely on the authenticity of his allegations.  It's drama he likes, i.e. "I haven't eaten in two days!" But, being that he is 81 years old we do have to keep an eye on him.  I went to see Daddy with a bag full of meds and food and made sure he took the first round of it.  He really didn't look bad, just sounded like a head cold.  Sis will check on him today and hopefully Bro the next.  I will try and get back Wednesday or Thursday and make sure he doesn't need anything from the store.  

Hopefully this weekend we will get to go to the cabin but the weather isn't cooperating.  Looks like freezing rain is on tap for us and I know The Hubby feels we need to go and will do it come hell or high water to get there.  We've been trying to host a soup night but I am NOT going to risk driving if the roads are bad.  We'll just see.  

No comments: