Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Crazy Monday

Where I want to be!
Yesterday was a CRAZY MONDAY (Tuesday doesn't look much better!)

  I was at the office by 7:15 yesterday, even though I had done invoicing on SUNDAY!  Yes we work at the office all the time lately.  Trying to get it all invoiced, quotes done, and keep the guys busy.  I needed to get weekend messages and the early morning phone calls so we could dispatch service calls too.  I had a board meeting at 10:30 with one of the art groups I am a part of.  I usually "JUST SAY NO" when asked to do any board kind of thing, anywhere but on this one I gave in and took the Historian job.  That one is easy, take pictures, collect and keep crap, yup, I have that one down.  What came with that job is that I have to attend the monthly meetings and I was also given a little book and then informed that the rest of it was in my predecessor's car.  BIG CLUE that I didn't want this job.  Went to her car and she handed me SIX heavily loaded grocery bags full of history of an organization that has been around since 1930.  This is only part of the history.  I'm supposed to call Philbrook (because the previous lady did not) and talk to the librarian there because they contacted us last year to come get the rest of the history that has been stored there.  GREAT!  The keeper of MORE CRAP!  Think I am going to contact The historical society and see if they want to house it.  GOOD GRIEF!  Anyway, even though the meeting ran two hours long there was a bright spot.  

Before we left for our Italy trip in September I got notice that said art group members were going to be given the opportunity to submit applications/questionnaires to the Jenks High School film class for documentaries.  I'm not sure how many of the over 100 members submitted their applications, but I know it was between 20-25.  Yesterday I was informed I was one of six that has been chosen!!!!!!  WHAT!  Oh My GOODNESS!  This is so very exciting.  The Jenks film class has had Emmy award films!  I am so excited and honored to be part of the six that are incredibly gifted and well known in the art world here in Tulsa.  I will keep informed as things progress but it is so very exciting!!!!

After that momentous meeting I had to race back to the office and wolf some reheated pizza down before our accountant showed up to get end of quarter/year stuff.  He showed up early and I didn't get but one bite of pizza.  Finally about 2pm I went back upstairs and reheated the reheated pizza and ate it but it certainly didn't sit well with my tummy.  Then I had a stupid tummy ache and only ate a slice.  So food yesterday consisted of 3 cups of coffee, a protein bar and a slice of reheated pizza.  Yes, my tummy was in revolt but by the time I finally got home, after waiting for the mailman to finally deliver some checks, nearly getting hit when an idiot ran a red light (not good on already upset tummy), the bank, then a traffic snarl from construction I was POOPED!  I told The Hubby it was omelets for dinner or out to eat, even though we went out the night before.  I was hungry, sort of and bushed.  

We drove around to different places until he settled on Olive Garden which I was fine with me.  I ate a bit of salad and half of my meal of spaghetti and meatballs and enjoyed a wonderful visit with one of B's friends from her young years who waited on us.  Home I rushed to shed clothes and hit the bed where I tossed and turned with my stomach lurching for a good hour.  NOT GOOD!  Finally, I slipped off to sleep about 9pm to wake up when The Hubby came to bed and then back to sleep till about 12:30 when I HAD to pee.  I was afraid to look at the clock because I had a feeling I was going to have a hard time going back to sleep.  Shouldn't have looked.  It was 12:30.  ARGHHHHH!!!  It was about 3:30 before I finally shut down again and then the alarm was going off at 4:45.  This is going to be a horrendously long day, but bright spot is that I will be with friends, painting friends as our classes start again!  

No comments: