Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017 Goals

I do have a few goals to accomplish in the new year of 2017, not resolutions.  I really REALLY hate that word.  Years ago I so dreaded this time of year because I knew The Hubby was watching and waiting on me to make a new resolution to lose weight, YET AGAIN, and again I would fail in his eyes.  I just could not take that kind of rejection because I knew I needed to do it for me NOT for him and I was not ready and I DID NOT want to do it just because he said, "JUST DON'T EAT!"  Yeah, right.  So easy for him to say as he works out, is dedicated to it, and can burn the calories he eats.  My body is just different.  Besides he is the one with the triglyceride and cholesterol problems, not me.  I take a small blood pressure pill and that keeps my blood pressure in check.  Nothing else bothers me. 

 Anyway, back to my goals for 2017:

Clean out the pantry, AGAIN but get rid of stuff in there I don't use like a chaffing dish I might use next year...maybe not.  I've already been cleaning out some kitchen stuff that as I was baking realized had not been used since we moved in the house 10 years ago...bu-bye!  And why is it that The Hubby looks around the house, at my stuff, and says we need to get rid of said stuff!  Look, he has buildings of stuff, BUILDINGS!  He does not need to voice his opinion on this subject and look accusingly at me!

Clean out, YET AGAIN, the guest room closet and purge non-essential Christmas decor and Longaberger baskets, piano/choir music.

Create an art website and SELL, SELL, SELL.

Enter in more art competitions nationally and online.

Lofty goals, sort of.  Now on the eating front, last year I pretty much gave up diet pop, not that I don't enjoy one once in awhile.  We went on a carb-less diet briefly, but, we still observe it a good part of the time.  I cook fresh, fresh, fresh and we eat in a good part of the time.  Even if we eat out it's higher end restaurants that cook fresh and we choose wisely.  Lots and lots of veggies.  I attribute this change of eating to why my blood pressure is so much better and the scale was actually down a bit at the doctor's office!  

The one thing I truly need to make a resolution on is to get back into exercise.  I so miss it and I am just not self-motivating.  I walk by my exercise bike and say hello and good-bye.  I just can't make myself do it.  Actually, the problem is that I don't want to do it at home, because...because...I admit it, I DON'T want The Hubby to see me do it and give me that sideways look of you won't stick to it, you're not doing it right or enough....

MAKES ME CRAZY!

I would like to get back to Jazzercise but the drive I'm not sure I want to do.  I've done it, I can do it again.  I just can't do a lot of the stuff I used to do with it but I so miss those ladies.  A trainer, maybe I could again, but I doubt it right now.  Oh, I just don't know.  

Happy New Year...

No comments: