Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Good Riddance

Just a few days left of 2016 and I can say I can't wait to see it go.  Between you and me, for our business it has SUCKED A BIG ONE.  Actually, it started a few years ago but last year was the worst.  Lately though things have started looking up, we hope.  We just have about 5 more years if it can just hold on and not sap our savings trying to keep it afloat.  I'm ready for it to surge again like it did after the ice storm of a few years ago, (sorry people who suffered.)  Our business, electrical and generators, just hit the highest point ever during that time and we need it again, not an ice storm but a surge.  

Yesterday I spent the day at home.  I just did not feel like leaving the house so I read and painted.  That is what I want to do everyday.

It's so sad to turn on the news and see so many we have lost this year and recently:  George Michael, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher, Ava Gabor, Alan Thicke, John Glenn, Florence Henderson, LEON RUSSELL, Leonard Cohen, Robert Vaughn (Man From U.N.C.L.E. fame...aw heart), Gene Wilder, Anton Yelchen (so tragic), Muhammad Ali, Prince!!!!, Patty Duke, Maurice White (Earth, Wind and Fire founder), Glenn Frey, Alan Rickman, DAVID BOWIE!  That is just a few that have left my jaw dropped.   Sadly so many are around my age and that is damn scary!  Time is way too short and you need to enjoy some of the time you have left on this earth and I want to spend it in front of my easel!

No comments: