Sunday, October 02, 2016

Life After Italy

We have been home a week now and it feels good.  We were so glad to see this little guy.  I had a hard time trying to decide whether to board him or leave him at home.  In the end we left him at home.  Now, now, now, don't get your panties in a wad.  He has a fluffy bed, access to the outdoors anytime and someone that came and fed him twice a day.  He even had a house full of ladies and babies for a baby shower and Afton's Nick came for three days to stay and love on him.  Plus his former owner stopped by and took him for walks and kisses.  But, I guess it just wasn't his "momma and daddy." He kept getting out of the laundry room into the other part of the house with a chance to set off the alarm so I okay'd B to take him to be boarded and it went fine.  Poor guy.  It's hard to know what is best but he is happy we are home!

Again it kind of blows the mind that a week ago were were walking around Italy and France... 



and now we are home and back to the usual grind. 




We have certainly hit the ground running at work.  I have spent Monday, Wednesday and Friday, all day at the office catching up and he has had constant meetings.  I did get the opportunity to go to art class on Tuesday and Thursday to paint with my travel buddies.  

Plus, Friday evening we rushed off to the cabin for one night and then right back yesterday to celebrate Snicklefritz's 4th birthday bash!
Can't believe this little stinker is 4!  Time certainly flies.  Poor kiddo though, in the middle of the night she woke up with the stomach flu but she would get sick, sleep a bit and was fine for the party.  What a trooper she is.  Happy Birthday my little darling.  

We also missed wishing Happy Birthday to Snicklefritz's mommy!  Bri's birthday was the day we got home!  

Plus, the mother-n-law turned 89 the day before!  A grand lady she is and the best mother-in-law a girl could ask for!  Can we say "STUNNING!"


Today I am NOT moving from this house.  I need to visit Daddy but it will have to wait.  I need to stay home.  The next few weeks are going to be very hectic as I have an art show this month and next month.  Life goes on.





No comments: