Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thursday Thoughts

Good Thursday morning all.

Man when I finally do get some rest I can NOT wake up.  On Monday night I drifted off to sleep and within 30 minutes I was awake for three hours so my total sleep time was about three hours.  UGH!  This meant painting day (Tuesday) I was a  bit sluggish but I managed to make it without a nap and not really feel tired.  This morning, I woke up, or at least tried to wake up, at regular time.  I just could NOT get my eyes open at 4:45.  I finally made myself wake up at 6:30 just as The Hubby was leaving.  I decided it was ponytail day and wash my face day even though I have a bachelorette party to attend tonight.  It's a pool party so I'm good.  

Last night was book club but just as I was getting ready to leave B2 sent me a text asking if I saw on Facebook about a daughter of a friend on mine, that is in our book club.  NO I DID NOT!  Egads, I knew Donna was not coming but assumed she was not coming because she was at her daughter's to play with the brand new granddaughter.  Well, she was not coming because she HAS to babysit.  Her daughter, Jacq is having her first chemo today.  WHAT WHAT WHAT.  Oh no no no no no.  Jackie was one of our youngest best friends in high school, her mother, my friend was her government teacher and now book club friend.  Anyway J was pregnant, due in May but in March was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  Friends she was 7 months pregnant.  Anyway, I guess they did nothing until May, after the baby came when it was upgraded to stage 2 and today, July 14 she starts chemotherapy, with a 2 month old baby.  Oh my heart aches for them all.  She did say that prognosis is good and as I did some reading on the diagnosis there have been some major steps to have a good outcome with it.  I hope so and will keep the positive thoughts going on for Donna, Jackie and sweet Cora.  

No comments: