Sunday, April 03, 2016

Let's Play Catch-Up

Let's play catch-up with my week in review.

Forgot to post the yearly photo of The Hubby's family.  I tell ya, my mother-in-law, soon to be 88 years young, looks better and better.  What a fabulous lady that I love dearly.  She is going to be representing her retirement home as their Ms.  M for the state of Oklahoma.  So proud of her and she will surely win.  

My easel has been a bit clogged up with trying to finish this one.  It's still not done but I am loving it so far.  I think this week it will finally be called DONE!

This week also brought the 8th wedding anniversary of B&B2.  They've been together for 10 years and in that time they have created such a lovely family.  Sweet Snicklefritz was given the big girl camera and took this photo, at 3 years old.  I think we have an artist on our hands, don't you agree.  That girl has an incredible eye.

I'm not sure I mentioned it but I'm doing the low carb thing and am down 6 pounds with stuff like this!  The other night I didn't want to go to the store for dinner stuff, yet again, so I opted for what I could find in the fridge.  So a broken omelet with a touch of cheese, fresh spinach and salsa.  The Hubby loved it and so did I.  It was so pretty which makes the eye happy too.

I've also been asked to donate a painting again for the Cattle Baron's Ball this year and he subtly hinted that roosters are in vogue.  Since I didn't have a ready available photo in my stash of pics I put the call out on Facebook to friends and family that I knew had chickens or the opportunity to snap pics and was nearly overloaded with tons of reference photos.  Here's just a few of the many.  Hey, I may do a series of these.



We ventured to the cabin Friday night and it was very quiet.  I don't think anyone was there, well, there were some but everyone chose to keep it private.  Anyway, Saturday there was a remembrance of one of the cabinite's that passed away recently.  Sweet TP Harris left us so we spent time with his family and friends at the cabin to bid a bittersweet farewell to a one in a million guy.  They had wine and munchies (which I DID NOT eat).  There were tons of fabulous pictures and lots of visiting.  Worth the time spent.

When I pulled up the cabin Friday afternoon I was pleasantly surprised by my Japanese Keirra in the corner of our fenced yard in front of our NEW fence.  Oh my it just glowed yellow.  Love it!  One of my very favorite plants and brings fantastic memories of my Greatgranny who called it the Mexican Rose, which was totally wrong.  Took me years to find in the greenhouses because of the mistaken name.  What's wonderful is that it's only supposed to bloom in the spring, in Oklahoma I find it blooms off and on in the summer too and it's deer resistant and is perfect for wooded area.  Score!

No comments: