Saturday, March 26, 2016

Life In General

Last week was the official spring break in this area, but this week was spring break from my art class.  So what happened is that I DID NOT even pick up a paint brush this week.  What I did, was instead of class on Tuesday, was to clean out junk corners around the house.  I'm hopefully going to host an art group here the first week of June to coincide with the art workshop with Daniel Keys so I have to have it spit-spot.  The kitchen had a corner by the phone that seemed to catch all the junk.  I'm sure we all have those kinds of places around a phone area.  I trashed tons of stuff.  I also spent time cleaning out my closet a couple of weeks ago and that entailed my dresser drawers, which I don't really keep anything in that I wear.  I tossed out so much stuff, except for all the half slips I have.  You never know when you will need a good slip (I'm old school!)  Goodwill looked forward to see me coming last week.  This week was part of the guest bedroom.
I say part because the guest room is where old paintings go to gather dust, ones that do not have a home :( 

They are still gathering dust as of yet.  

I cleaned out the top drawer of the dresser there and goodness it took me an hour.  There was still a key from our previous house from 10 years ago!  I absolutely forgot to address the bottom two drawers because, well, I don't know.  That will be next.  While doing the top, I found packets and packets of buttons, you know the ones.  The ones that come with new clothes, just one button in each.  I opened each and every packet I found and filled an entire dish with buttons.  Kind of neat but the blue one baffled me as I don't typically wear blue.  Not sure where it came from.  

I have lots more to clean out, including those bottom drawers and to find homes for the paintings but that also hinges on cleaning out the other bedroom - home art studio.  That room is just a pile of mess, a hoarders dream really.  The rest of my house is pretty organized but this room, EGADS!  Hopefully, when I get it uncovered that is where the extra paintings go, or SOLD to someone else's home.  Also to answer the question about some of the paintings, my girls have tons of my stuff to the point they say, "ENOUGH"!  But I'm sure they will get more in the future.

Some have asked about the cabin, yes we still have it for sale but it has not sold.  It's for sale by owner, no realtor, and sometimes that takes longer.  We have had many lookers, just lookers, curious to see what we have done inside and that's okay.  Frankly, right now if it sells great, if it doesn't sell then great.  We have been so busy with stuff in town that we aren't there as much as we used to.  Maybe spring will change that attitude and we will be there more, I just don't know.  I will miss it when it's gone, sure but then I can enjoy my yard in town more.  

The Snicklefritz has yet again been sick.  Last weekend you could see it in her eyes that she was just not right and sure enough on Sunday afternoon she spiked a 102 degree temperature.  That kiddo just can't seem to get a break.  The fever didn't last long and I watched her at her home on Monday while her mother taught school but she had a nasty cough and horrible sore throat on top of it and by afternoon the temp was creeping up again to about 99 degrees.  So I met her mom at the pediatrician that afternoon.  She had no strep, thank goodness and the doc seemed to think allergies but I don't that explains the fever but I did agree with the allergy in part.  I think it was viral and allergies together.  That being said, this little one has again gone a week without school and I've watched her most of the week, except for Tuesday.  On Tuesday her daddy had to venture home to Okemah for his uncle's funeral so he took her with him.  She had a grand time hugging her Grandpa Richard and petting her beloved horse, Cowboy.  (I will have to paint this picture!)  The stupid wind though seemed to aggravate her cough or the next couple of days, hello allergies!   
We kept her Friday night (last night) so her parental units could go out with friends to celebrate mutual husband birthdays.  I was worried she would cough all night but she slept, well, like a baby all night long.  She is a joy to have around and really no problem.  You just get worn out by being "ON" all the time for a 3 year old but I LOVE IT!

No comments: