Saturday, January 31, 2015

You're As Young As You Feel

I have always said that I don't feel like I am whatever age I was at that time.  Today I am 58 but I certainly don't feel like I am 58, I feel more like I am still in my 40's.  I just saw a thing on AOL about aging, some kind of study about basically the phrase, "You're as young as you feel." That has been my mantra for many years and this new British study backs up that phrase, and to living longer.  My Daddy is a perfect example of that because when he hit his 50's he basically shut down his business (the oil thing did it) and sat in his chair and retired from life.  I guess he told himself that he was old.  Oh my goodness, you just can't do that, but that is what he did, and I think it took a toll on him.  Yes, yes, he will be 80 this summer but it has been an agonizingly long 30 years of him telling himself that he is old.  I still like to listen to head banging music, rock-n-roll.  I don't do roller skating or climbing mountains and stuff but I do try to stay up with current world things, like the computer, TV, the world.  I help chase around a 2 year old, I work, I read, I paint...I love life, "You're as young as you feel."  Here, here!

Also, side note, finished up the 30 painting challenge...

2 comments:

Suezk said...

these are your paintings??You are amazing. Do You sell your paintings?

Jill of All Trades said...

Yes Sue ZK, these are my paintings and they are for sale.