Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Weekend Fun

Yes, I am still here.  Blogging has taken a back seat to my life lately as I'm busier than a "cranberry merchant something, something, something." (A saying my mother used to say.)  Work, painting, watching Rio and last night we hosted a cocktail party for some of our neighbors.  Since we moved in some 8 years ago the houses around us have already been inhabited by new neighbors, we are the old kids on the block so to speak.  So we wanted to get us all together.  Unfortunately, one had dinner plans and another couple were coming until he came home SICK, they were nice enough to stay home.  I was afraid we were going to be by ourselves but the doorbell finally rang and we had a great time.  A cocktail party is fun because it's early enough, and in the middle of the week, so I was in bed by 8:30!  

Sunday's fun on the easel.  I have a couple more, self portrait and another of someone else, but they are not fit to share yet.   
Have I told you that I am going to Scottsdale Artist School in March!  Yup, for an entire week I am attending classes with friends to paint.  Yesterday my special paints arrived!  I'm so excited and I know I will not be able to NOT use these till then.  
Sunday was stew day...yummy...repeat Monday. 

1 comment:

Linda Kay said...

A friend of mine recently held an art class here in Fredericksburg, a four day event that included painting on some various objects. It was a huge success, and I hope you have as much fun as these participants had. 39 ladies and 1 man.