Monday, August 18, 2014

Painting Session

Yesterday I vowed that since Daddy was HOME that I was NOT going anywhere.  I wanted to paint at home.  Do you know how long it has been since I've had my paints out at home.  Months actually.  The only painting that I've been doing is in class and to get better you have to paint at home everyday.  I've been invited to a painting challenge and I signed up for it.  In September you have to paint a painting every single day.  We'll see if I can do that.  

So yesterday "Mr. Robin Red Breast" appeared on my easel.   I decided that I wanted to paint outside and enjoy the fantastic August weather here.  It took a bit to get everything all set up but it happened. 

This was on a break when I needed sustenance before I tackled a few of the fine detail work.  Had to have a steady hand. 

I so loved how it turned out.  Sorry the photo is not that good.   

I sat and painted the bird in about 2 hours.  A little lunch and details then I was on to another one.  This sweet beauty is the new grand-kitty, Opal.  Isn't she just beautiful.  I wanted to paint her and at least started it.
I'm not real sure how this one is going to go but will keep working on it.  I finally quit when the temperatures started their rise and I got sleepy.  Nap time! 

1 comment:

Linda Kay said...

How lovely to have the talent to do the painting. It looks so relaxing. Your bird is lovely, and I'll be the eyes on the kitty will be a challenge.