Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble

Well, here goes a ramble to end all rambles.  Life is good.  Life is scary.  Life is full of ups and downs.  Life is unpredictable.  

First some good stuff.  I did finish "Arnie," the St. Bernard and the lady that commissioned it LOVES it!  I just have to get it scanned and then framed and it is SOLD!  

So art on Tuesday I went in without an idea of what I really wanted to paint next so I spent an hour before looking at some in my Dropbox folder.  I found this one that Afton took of the cows and I had a great canvas for it.  I showed Ross (my instructor) and he loved it too, so cows it is.  It was a great painting day.

The day before though was not so much.  Last Thursday when I stopped by to see Daddy he told me he had a "place" on his hip spot (the one that was replaced twice and had MRSA in it).  I told him to CALL the doctor ASAP.  He did and got in on Monday.  In the meantime he called me early Monday morning and told me that the thing had opened in the night.  That was not good and when I saw him on Sunday when we visited he said in passing that it had moved around to his backside!  Oh gosh, he doles out the info in pieces and doesn't go to the doctor sooner than later.  So the doc visit Monday resulted in a cleanup and a new bandage and antibiotics and a referral to the original hip doctor, Dr. Hippy.  We go see him on Monday.  Daddy seems to think that they will just take him in to clean it out and send him home but......Dr. Hippy, the last time said that if it happens again that was it.  I don't know what that means but I think it means they will clean it out best they can, take the hip out, FOR GOOD.  His time living on his own will come to an end and he will have to live in the nursing home.  I know that is not what he expects but more than likely that is deal.  He does not want that but he CAN NOT live with me.  I value my marriage and it would be a HUGE hardship on our relationship.  I don't have time to care for him.  I still work and I'm pooped now, everyday.  Oh gosh, we probably have a battle on the horizon.  

Now on too the reunion stuff.  I graduated with like 370 or so people and our 40th reunion is coming in September.  I have wrangled every one since the 15 (we have one every 5 years, except for the 35th) and the response for this one is appalling.  I have a total of 46 reservations for the Saturday night part.  We have a Friday night at a hotel bar (NOT PAYING FOR DRINKS) with food is $10 a person; Saturday is $60 a person/ $125 couple, food and drinks and FABULOUS place with music; Sunday Brunch $20 a person. I don't think it is outrageous and you can piece meal it.  You can do Friday only, or Saturday or Sunday or all or whatever.  The husbands is the weekend before mine and its $60 a person.  I can't figure out if everyone is just procrastinating or do not want to pay, or, which I think plays a part, the Facebook connections.  I think everyone thinks they don't need to see anyone because they keep up on Facebook.  

All of this is on my mind and is the reason I woke up at 1:30 a.m. on Monday (or Tuesday morning) and could NOT go back to sleep.  

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

So very sorry to read about your Dad's situation. Very difficult times, for sure.