Monday, April 14, 2014

Winter WHAT!

Okay, I want to know WHO turned the winter back on.  This past weekend was awesome at the cabin.  We've missed several weekends there so took full advantage to get away and see friends there.  The weather was so gorgeous and we even slept with the windows open both nights.  Awwww, I so love spring.  I have a lot of stuff to do in the yard there but just couldn't get it together to do anything but sit and enjoy the spring, or what I thought was spring.  The weather people started saying that along with the rains last night the temperatures were going to drop and I mean DROP!  So on the way back to town I was bound and determined to get some more wall-o-water's to protect my tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.  Luckily I stopped by Daddy's and he had three of the things I had given him a couple of years ago that he was not going to use.  Yippee, I only had to buy 6 more.  In all I have 18 wall-o-water's protecting my crops and yesterday when I arrived home I immediately set them up!  Bring it on Mother Nature, I'm ready.
Interesting conversation this weekend at our cabin on Saturday night.  Remember I have been growing my hair long.  "My your hair is getting long.  How long are you going to grow it."  My response, "Well, you know I had it down to here (I point to my butt) when I met The Hubby." Someone pipes up, "Long hair on older women looks stupid." Uhhhhh, I kind of was taken back and didn't know what to say.  Oh well, long hair here I come anyway.  Love the honesty of my friends, I think.  LOL!

No comments: