I'm Baaaccck...yes it is that time and Nancy from A Rural Journal is hosting Random 5 Friday.
1. Life has been good this week, and tiring. Watching the kiddo a few times is great fun and tiring. I wouldn't trade it for the world. When she says "UP" in the cute way and gives hugs and kisses...Oh man, heaven.
2. Had dinner with our first neighbors from 37 years ago last night. It's wonderful we are still friends. We're also still friends with our neighbors from our second house and on Saturday I saw our neighbors from the third house and we hugged and hugged. This house, our fourth is no exception. We've made great friends with all of our neighbors and as of this week one household has moved but we are already having drinks at their new house next week. Friends are just grand and it does take work to keep the connections together but SOOOO worth it for a lifetime of friends.
3. Been a reading fool lately. I've discovered an author I really like. Julie Hyzy who writes the White House Chef Mysteries which I've read every one. She has also written the Manor House Mysteries and I've already gone through the first one and nearly done with the second. They are very light reading without any bad words or sex or ICK! They are wonderful for vacation and taking a break reads.
4. I just saw that Doris Day is 90 years old. Really, I didn't know she was still with us but glad. I so love her movies and one of my favorites is "Please Don't Eat the Daisies." In fact, I went to Amazon almost immediately and purchased a few of her movies, that one in particular. I love, LOVE, LOVE old movies and they just don't make them like that anymore. I have to admit that I'm a kid still too when it comes to movies, watching animated ones all the time. Goonies is my favorite!
5. Had the gray hidden again yesterday and I'm not sure I'm happy. It's a new guy and I'm not sure I'm just real happy with him at all. First, this is our second appointment and the first one he was 30 minutes late. Yesterday I arrived on time, in fact 10 minutes early, 9 a.m. The doors were locked until five till but soon I was inside, waiting again. Finally, at nearly 9:20 he arrives in a rush, without nary an apology for being late, AGAIN! Okay, I'll give this to him. He foils me up and then trims up some, which I love the cut but the blonde. Well, I'm really blonde, kind of white blonde instead of golden blonde. Not sure I like that but I will live with it until the next appointment of which I'm sure he will be late, AGAIN!