Saturday, April 05, 2014

Computers

Think I'm going to try and post something EVERYDAY for a bit.  I see that my posts are read but not many comment, but I'm okay with that.  

Yesterday I went into the office early to get payroll done and tons of bills paid.  Funny thing though, when you keep getting those emails telling you that you need to put in your new credit card info because it is set to expire and you ignore it....DON'T IGNORE IT!!!!  Good grief.  I arrived at the office about 7:35 p.m. and opened my Quickbooks program and was getting ready to start processing our employees paychecks but the familiar button that says to process payroll was NOT THERE!  I knew immediately that I had F....d UP!  I don't say that lightly but I did.  I just ignored the emails because when I looked, my credit card was okay, but I was looking at the wrong place.  Anyway, I was stuck trying to update the info but the darn thing would not let me finish.  Kept asking for the country but wouldn't let me enter it.  Then I was on the hunt for a phone number but I could not find it.  So I got the Intuit checks out and called the number and was quickly put through to the proper people. Thank goodness.  A guy named Mark with Intuit/Quickbooks was SO helpful and got it fixed right away.  WHEW!  I was up and running and the familiar button was there within 15 minutes.  I HATE when my day starts like that.  I have to tell you that they may be hard to get hold of but the support I have had with various problems with QB has been awesome.  Sometimes I know I have talked to India but not lately and all of them have been awesome to help and get all of my problems solved quickly and without much effort.  Last fall my QB crashed horribly just before a big payroll but it was up and running within an hour.  Of course I had to upgrade my program but I was okay with that. 

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've used Quicken for personal stuff for years and their support has always been great.

Beryl said...

QuickBooks is such a good program for a business. Glad you didn't have to do Payroll by hand like the old days.