It's that time again for the Random 5 Friday.
1. Yesterday was an awesome 38th wedding anniversary except for a hitch in one of my best friends lives...but still we enjoyed a wonderful dinner, cards and a dozen red roses! SCORE!
2. Who still reads a real newspaper. I do, at least I sort of do. I have always been fanatical about an actual newspaper in my hands but lately it seems that they are a bit behind in the news. I usually already know what is going on from the Internet or television. Thinking of ending a 38 year subscription!
3. When do I get to retire. I'm so ready to be done with work but when you are self employed that is kind of hard to do. Seems we will be doing this work thing for a while longer, at least till we are able to pay for the NEW BUILDING!
4. Potatoes are overrated. Since The Hubby and I have been on the no pasta, no rice, no potatoes, no bread diet we've done pretty well. Occasionally we will have them but not very often at all. Last night while out to dinner I was really wanting potatoes so we got potatoes, and you know what, they really weren't very good. We both ate a couple of bites and then were done. I guess we've lost the taste for them. Oh don't get me wrong, I do love mashed potatoes but I just have the desire anymore. Amazing, don't you think.
5. Favorite colors...do you have a favorite color. Mine are green, pink and yellow, in that order and usually together. It's the colors of SPRING and I so ready for the spring. Just a few more weeks until the tiny soft green sprouts of new stuff start popping up and I am ready for it.