Monday, January 13, 2014

Food & Poo

WARNING:  This blog post is not for the squeamish. If you don't want to know then STOP READING NOW!

For the past few years I have had an issue with my, well, poo!  There I said it.  At this age I guess it is inevitable to have some issues with bodily functions.  I think the menopause thing is done, I think, and now I'm faced with another bodily function that is plaguing me.  The other day, on a Friday after lunch, I was at the grocery store getting the goods for a weekend at the cabin and I was walking in the parking lot to the car.  All of a sudden, it happened, I mean IT happened.  No warning at all, just an event.  There was nothing to do but load my groceries, put the shopping cart in the slot, climb in the car, and drive home.  EGAD!  This was not the first time I have had this happen and probably won't be the last.  Then the other night after eating dinner with my friend in the restaurant (thank goodness she is my good friend) I felt it happening again with no stopping.  Good thing it was not bad.  It's funny that there is no stomach pain, no rumbling, just an EVENT!  It seems to happen on Friday's especially after we eat at a particular restaurant which is Thai food.  Funny that the other night it was at a different restaurant, but, I was eating Thai salmon.  Hmmm, may be a theme.  Well, this got me to thinking that instead of calling the doctor and of course probably having another colonoscopy and tests that I do a Food and Poo Journal to see if it is just what I am eating that my tummy DOES NOT LIKE!  

I know this is a pretty icky subject but if we are not honest and open here we will not learn to talk about unmentionable subjects.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that Asian food can have MSG used in it. Could that be the problem?

Jill of All Trades said...

I would question that except there is a HUGE sign saying they don't use it. I've had it before too!