Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Diet 101

Well, I am beginning Day 2 of the dreaded diet.  The first day, yesterday, Monday, was really not bad.  Actually, most days I don't eat that bad so yesterday wasn't a hardship.

For breakfast I made the "Skinny Muffin"from the book by Jorge Cruise 100.  Interesting recipe for sure.  Basically it is made in a coffee mug for 50 seconds in the microwave.  I was not sure about flax seed flour but I found it at my regular grocery store.  1/4 cup flax seed flour, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 egg, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 package of Stevia.  That was it.  Not much taste but it was filling with my coffee.  I am finding that I really have to pre-plan so I had The Hubby grill our shrimp for the lunch Sunday for our lunch on Monday.  He's doing it with me and that is so going to help.  For dinner I did fresh green beans and then another recipe from the book.  It was supposed to have orange roughy but I could not find fresh or frozen at the store so I used tilapia.  It was dip the fish in beaten egg and then Parmesan cheese and saute in one tablespoon olive oil.  So good!  One good thing is two glasses of red wine if you want every night!  YEE HAW!  My kind of diet, although it won't be every night.  So Day one is in the books and we look forward to day 2.

1 comment:

Beryl said...

Two glasses of wine? That makes it so much easier than that South Beach Diet. That muffin recipe is intriguing. Thanks.