Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Ramble

Thought I would give a Monday Ramble today about this and that, whatever seems to be swimming around in my head this morning.

So much stuff is rolling around in my thoughts about what needs to be done...NOW!!!  I am not doing the Thanksgiving thing exactly this year with this knee thing.  My sweet sis-in-law has taken on the chore of hosting this year and the other side of the family is being taken over by one of the nieces.  WooHoo!  I'm good and all I have to come up with is the green bean casserole.  The knee is so much better but not for me to stand around in the kitchen for sure.  I've got to get better for our party.  See, every few years we host a huge open house party and it seems to grow every year.  Since we have done so much more construction on the house it is time yet again to do the shindig again.  So far my list is close to 200 people so I've got to be creative to make sure is is truly a drop-in kind of thing.  I don't all 200 at one time and I'm sure the neighbors don't want that too on the streets.  Of course they are all invited too...the key to a harmonious party.  I've got the caterer lined up and I TOLD The Hubby I was hiring wait staff to help keep the wine flowing and the food tables full.  I can't do it all by myself.  My problem now is getting the house all decorated up and that means a trip to the attic which is where he comes in.  I think I will do what I did a few years ago and invite the mother-in-law, the brother-in-law and his partner and B&B2 w/Rio to help decorate and feed them.  It was a ton of fun the last time and I had great help.  I'm not going to push myself with this knee thing.

Caterer - CHECK
Wait Staff - CHECK
Wine/Beer
Invitations
Guest List
Decorating
HOUSE IN ORDER!!!!!

My mind is a jumble!

2 comments:

Beryl said...

You house decorating party sounds like a fabulous idea. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Your open house sounds awesome - like something out of the movies!!! I love it!!