Monday, November 12, 2012

Knee Update

This is I believe day 3 of after knee surgery.  It is getting better, very slowly.  Pain pills that lo 'n behold I can take without problems, lots of sleep and water and I am mending.  Saturday The Hubby got me all settled in at home with everything I could possibly need and was on his way to the gun show.  That was the worst day for sure.  The pain brought me to absolute tears.  I guess I had waited too long to start the pain meds and after that little fiasco I was johnny-on-the-spot popping a pill or two.  EEK!  Food has not been too high on the list of things either, nothing sounds good.  Friday night I had about two tablespoons of take-out Chinese, and a bit of chicken and rice soup.  Last night he went to get Jamil's  for steaks for dinner.  Yummy and then they repeated for lunch.  Not sure what's on the menu for tonight but a friend is bring grub tomorrow!!!!  I HAVE to go to the office tomorrow but it will be in and out.  Do a deposit and then head back home.  I certainly can't go to the grocery store on crutches, that is for sure.  So a list I will make.

I tell you what hurts horribly is the hand where the nurse botched putting in the IV....OUCH!  Really is sore.

Now for Thanksgiving, I'm afraid that I will not be cooking a turkey this year.  I will have to wait till next week to see how I'm doing.  I usually have the entire family over but I just can't manage that.  I worry about my Daddy but I do have two siblings that will have to take the lead there.  Makes me sad as this is The Hubby's favorite holiday.  Oh well, each day at a time.  I may be able to do a couple of cornish hens for he and I.

4 comments:

Beryl said...

My husband and I do the easiest Thanksgiving ever. He buys a pumpkin pie and small breast of turkey. Puts the turkey breast, baking potatoes, and sweet potatoes in the oven. All that's left is to boil the water for the StoveTop Stuffing mix. Apply liberal amounts of butter to everything except the pie, of course, which makes up for the lack of gravy. Takes about 5 minutes standing on your feet. Less if you get your husband to wash the potatoes.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I hope that you get some relief soon. Once when I was giving blood the tech messed up and back flowed heparin into my arm. It was one of the most painful things I have ever endured.

Anonymous said...

That is horrible with your hand... poor you! I'm glad you can take the pain meds and I will continue to pray each day you recover more and more!!! I can understand the thanksgiving bit, I'm sorry for you - I hope you are able to enjoy it no matter how different it is this year....

Nolita said...

Yipes! I haven't been able to catch up on my blogs lately so I just saw this. I hope you heal up quickly and the pain goes quickly. Bless your heart!