Thursday, March 08, 2012

Trunk Diving

I've been trunk diving...

Since spending time with the scanner last week I decided that it was time to do some trunk diving.  My very old trunk is full of old letters, newspapers, wedding dresses, and a multitude of junk
The local newspaper...dated 1955 and 1952 

Oh my I did not remember that I had Momma's wedding dress and veil.  I also have mine and the prom dress she crocheted for me. 

Oh look, I promise I am a good swimmer and lifesaver, I'm certified! 

It's funny that last Wednesday night I happen to be talking to some friends about the Walk for Mankind that I had done when I was a teen.  I don't think I really knew what it was about, but I did it at least 2 years that I remember.  Going through the trunk I found these pins and a certificate.  We walked 20 miles each time in a day and I remember walking a good part of it one year barefoot.  Back then I NEVER wore shoes and had callous's on my feet at least an inch think.  It was as close as I could get to being a hippy and being politically involved in the early '70's. 

Oh man, and I found these, my very first concert.  The Hubby took me before we married. 

Another hippy thing.  This was the back pocket and the leg of my very hip-hugger jeans from the era.  Wore the things completely out.  Also my autograph book but alas, no one famous, just family and friends.

Art work from the 70's that adorned my walls and door.  I loved this cow. 

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, a great trip to memory lane. Average White Band - what are they doing today?

Beryl said...

Brilliant idea to scan all those things. I have a trunk from my husband's mother full of clippings that aren't getting any easier to read.
Thanks for this step back in time. Next Goggle serch will be for songs by Average White Band.