Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spam

Spam...blog spam...I recently changed my comment moderation to having them be approved from the kind you try to figure out what the letters are.  It is amazing to me how much spam I am getting.  What in the world.  Do these spammers really think I'm going to click on some link to nude pictures or buying a product or whatever.  It is an absolute waste of my time to have to deal with this crap.  It's much like the telephone.  For nearly 30 years of our married life we have had an unpublished phone number.  When we moved 6 years ago The Hubby decided that we should have it published, in case someone from his high school days wanted to get hold of him.  Such a HUGE, MONUMENTAL MISTAKE!  Nearly the only phone calls we get are politicians - political, surveys, or my favorite, "The Law Office Of Blank for Blank who is not even close to our name.  And when you call the number back from "The Law Office of Blank" they have no idea what you are talking about, or your phone number does not appear on their list.  Yet, the phone calls continue daily at different times of the day.  It is frustrating and apparently making me very angry.  For the record, if I am home during the day, I may not answer the house phone because NO ONE calls us at home during the day unless it "spam" phone calls.  Can you tell I'm a bit ticked off by it all!   

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Today is an election day for us (Louisiana) and for the last week or so we have been "swamped" (love the pun ;-) ) with automated political phone calls. HATE THEM!! I never answer and simply delete them from the answering machine. YUK!