Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review

I'm late in posting today, sorry, but I have a pretty good excuse.  We of course have been to the cabin and enjoyed the wonderful weather but hit the ground running early this morning because B and I planned to go see The Hunger Games at 10:30 this morning.  The Hubby went too, which was nice.  I have to say I liked the movie and I think they held to the book fairly well.  Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss was perfect.  After the movie we three had a bite of lunch and then parted ways.  B and I went to Persimmon Hollow to check out the Made In Oklahoma stuff.  I didn't wear the right shoes for walking! 

Now to the book I tried to read.  On Good Morning America last week they were talking about the new "sensation" in the book world, "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E. L.  James.  I thought, "Great, a good book to read."  Well, I got started and let me tell you I was gasping.  That darn thing was, well, it was, uh, can we say whips, tying up, domination over women.  I just could not stomach it and deleted it off of my Kindle Fire without finishing it.  I NEVER do that but in this case.  Maybe there was more if I had finished it but my main objection was the absolute domination of the main character, a woman.  I have a real problem with that.  So be warned, just because it tops best seller list, beware!

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Heather and I loved Hunger Games. I had not heard of 50 Shades of Gray until yesterday morning and now it seems it is being talked about everywhere.