Friday, March 02, 2012

Gardening

It has been YEARS since I have really, really gardened and yesterday I did it. Oh my aching back but so worth it. I am still on the hunt for seed potatoes and hope to get some tomorrow to plant Saturday. Yesterday I planted onions sets, lettuce, spinach and peas. It was tedious and hard because the flowerbed I'm using is full of roots and our sprinkler system so I can't go real deep. I would LOVE (hint, hint, hint) to have a small tiller and be darned the sprinkler thingy but it is what it is.  I think my eyes got the best of me with the Burpee catalog.


Oh my GOD, I look like my mother. 

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Good for you! It's a lot of work but there's just something nurturing about working with the earth...My attempts at gardening have been futile since moving to Louisiana. The rabbits eat everything I plant. *sigh I flipped the outdoor light on last night in the wee hours (to let the dog out) and saw a bunny hopping quickly from our out-of-season garden bed. He's already scavenging around.