Monday, December 26, 2011

Resolutions or Life Changes

Now that Christmas is done it is of course time for the dreaded New Year's Resolutions.  I can't help myself when it comes to making them.  Seems like the new year rolling around makes a great time to start anew and I'm all about starting anew and sadly failing!  I've already started by changing my computer habits, blocking my habitual playing of Farmville!  I was spending hours on that stupid game and it was NOT healthy for me.  I must admit that I am a gamer addict starting with Nintendo years ago.  I may not drink or do drugs but I have food and games addictions.  I WON'T give up blogging!

(Rats, The Hubby just came in and interrupted my train of thought ranting about clothes on his unused workout equipment...yah, yah, yah...)

Whew...

I am giving The Hubby one more month of dancing, if my knee can stand it as I have missed nearly a month, and I promised 12 months last year.  So the month of January is still dancing, then NO MORE!  That twisting and turning on the dreaded floor is killing me.  I can walk and bike, but the dancing is ARGHHHH!  I just signed up for the Fleet Feet Training Program for walking.  It starts in February, twice a week.  I did it a couple of years ago and had a great time.  I'm hoping that giving up a bit of the computer stuff (sitting on my tail) will allow me the time.  I will also have to forgo my TV addiction that has plagued me for years.  I will be recording a lot and just have to play catch up if I really MUST see a program.  The Hubby was just informed of my intentions, including that Wednesday night time slot that he dances in.  "Hmmm," he says. 

This year, since Daddy is finally well and not in need of my constant attention I will devote to me!  Painting, reading, walking, exercise, eating better, spending time with friends*** and family.  This past year has been all about Daddy and the construction and I'm so glad it is OVER!  Life can hopefully get back on it's usual track and rock along for at least a year.  The Hubby and I have made it a must to have dinner with a lot of friends every few weeks or so and will continue that practice.  Have the neighbors over for drinks and show them what was happening in all the construction.  Dinner with old and new friends.  Family time and a trip to sunny California to see A, after I finish the walking program I think.  Lots of stuff for the new year of 2012!  Hope it all goes well for me and everyone else.  Happy New Year to one and all.  I will take a break here and not be back till 2012 to maybe start an everyday blogging fest for 2012. 

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm wishing you a very happy new year, Carla! I don't worry much about resolutions anymore. :-) Sort of...

Ruth said...

Best wishes on the goals, and a very Happy New Year to you!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Best wishes on your new year. Good for you for sticking with your commitment dancing, but if you don't like it your don't like it.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Here's to a wonderful new year!