Saturday, November 12, 2011

Five Things I Love

My sweet friend Kay at Musings wrote about five things she loves and I thought I would try my hand at that too.  Here goes!

Our sweet Clayton.  Since he has come into our lives I can't imagine our life without him but I know that someday...sniff.  He is our little joy.




 My paints!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my paints.  I love mixing and creating.  It has given a new meaning to my life to experience this love of art. 

My books!  Books are so special to me and I shed tears when we were first married when The Hubby wanted me to scale down and GET RID OF THEM!  It was as if I was stabbed in the heart.  I especially love this set of Children's Hour books that were our childhood books.  My mother read to us from these books and I cherish them completely, especially the one of Best Loved Poems!
Now, these are my journals and calenders.  They are me.  My secret thoughts and feelings and along with Clayton and our pictures would be the thing I would grab in case of a fire.

Last of all is my backpack.  I bought this several years ago before we went to Paris and Normandy and along with Paris and Normandy has traveled to England, Ireland and our latest trip to New England.  I carry it often and it still looks brand new.  Love leather! 

There you go, 5 things I love.  How about you.  Can we keep this going and be sure to go back to Kay at Musings and let her know! 

5 comments:

Kay said...

This is a great post! I love that photo of you with your paints. That backpack looks really wonderful too. Thank you for the link. :-)

Cindy said...

I impressed with all your journals! I'll give some thought to my 5 favorite things.

Kathryn Magendie said...

This made me smile . . . and I know what you mean about your books - I'd have gone NOOOOOOOO, as well - GMR had more books than I did, though, so we have books everywhere ... :)

Janie B said...

I love your list. I also love many of the same things as you: books, paints, pets. Good post.

Nolita said...

Your backpack is cool! I have those same books (as you know) and I never even think to read them to my kiddos. Too busy reading other books but you've prompted me to read from the red book collection.

;.)