Thursday, October 13, 2011

Potato Corn Chowder with Turkey Sausage

I made a successful recipe and thought I would share.  There are not any exact amounts as it is a soup so just go with it.


red potatoes (new potatoes)
fresh corn
chicken stock
salt and pepper
turkey sausage crumbles
red pepper bruschetta
olive oil
cayenne pepper

Okay, this is how I did it -  I chopped the leeks and then sauteed them in about a tablespoon or two of olive oil.  While that was sauteing the leeks I took three ears of fresh corn and cut the kernels off and then took the knife and scraped the cream off the cob.  Three ears made about 1/2 to 1 cup of corn.  The leeks I salted a peppered as I did the corn and the potatoes.  I tossed the corn on top of the translucent leeks and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper to taste.  I then chopped the potatoes to bite size pieces and added to the pot with about 2 tablespoons of the red pepper bruschetta.  That is a specialty item at the grocery store and is not necessary but it adds color.  You could probably use jarred roasted red peppers.  Then I added some chicken stock, because that is what I had on hand, and water to cover the potato mixture.  When the potatoes were nearly tender I added the package of turkey sausage crumbles and about 1/2 to a 1 cup of milk.  Taste and adjust the seasonings.  This was so yummy you can not believe and it is even better the next day. 


Briana Shepley said...

I can attest, it was delish!

Frugal in WV said...

I love anything with leeks, it sounds like it was delicious!