Monday, October 24, 2011

Chapter 1 - Boston

We were off on Friday, October 14 for our whirlwind 8 day trip to New England and the colors it held.  We arrived at the airport about 7:30 for our 9am flight and as we walked through the airport I noticed the shoe shine stand and since I wore my boots, well, a shoe shine it was for our trip!
When we checked in our names popped up on the screen but a familar name appeared with ours, Bev and Rich.  I just assumed that they were just on the same flight but was soon to find out they were also on our tour!  It was wonderful to have friends along the journey.  Rich is actually our insurance guy but we have known him for over 30 years and it was awesome to get to know them better and forge the friendship!

The bus...our mode of transportation for the next 8 days.  I was soon going to hate this bus.

Sights around the town of Boston, MA
The sounds the dog tags made when the wind breezed through them was beautiful and rather sad.
The finish line of the Boston Marathon...unfortunately we were seldom off the bus so all I could capture was a blur as we went over the finish line.
Fenway Park - Home of the Boston Red Sox

One if by land, two if by sea!

...the stairs they climbed to ring that famous bell!


More to come...

3 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It looks like a good start! I've been to Old North Church a couple times. I'd really like to watch a ball game at Fenway Park.

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing time!

Kay said...

Yae!!! I love the Freedom Trail. It's great to see you all having such fun.