Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yoga and Me

Yesterday I took my first yoga class.  I was a bit nervous but excited.  B took yoga in college and loves it but has not done it in awhile.  We found a free class at noon and joined in.  The class was packed but we both found mats in the back.  No shoes, silence your phones, get the gear that will be used and sit quietly on the mat till class starts.  I wasn't sure at all if I could do it, but I could and did.  My knees were not too pleased but I was able to do downward dog, the plank and a balance stand (stork like) thing.  I was a sweaty mess by the time the class was over and may be a bit sore tomorrow but I can't wait to try it again.  I think I'll do it again on Friday and am thinking of Monday's and Friday's early in the morning to be added to my regime.  I like to get my exercise done and over with early.  A friend said she thought yoga was a fountain of youth and I'm so going for that.  I think my joints and blood pressure will love me again.  A new journey for me.

No comments: